How Can We Help You?
Preventive Maintenance Doesn't Cost--It Pays
Many people ignore the maintenance and servicing of their heating system and operate in a reactive mode. Maintenance is deferred until something goes wrong. Once something is wrong, the option to perform maintenance is no longer available and now the maintenance becomes reactive. Contributing to reactive maintenance is personal monetary resources. In economic downturns, homeowners cut back. When people reduce spending, maintenance is the first to go. The irony is that reactive maintenance is the most costly way to maintain your HVAC system. The HVAC system is one of the largest uses of energy in your home.
What are the repercussions of ignoring the yearly maintenance on your system?
- Inefficient equipment will cost you more money
- Improper operation will damage the components of your heating system
- Cracked heat exchangers and flue problems can lead to flue gasses being introduced to the living space, which can cause serious health problems
- You and your family may be breathing harmful pollutants, such as dust, pollen, mold spores, chemicals from cleaners, cooking, carpeting, furniture and insects simply due to dirty air filters
What problems can Dirty and clogged Filters cause?
- Increased energy consumption
- Lower comfort levels
- Compressor damage
- Reduced air flow
- Reduced humidity removal
What can Maintenance provide?
- Cleaner, healthier system operation
- Lower utility bills
- Better dehumidification
- Improved air flow
- Increased cooling performance
- Remove harmful pollutants from your indoor air which contributes to respiratory illness
We take care of the family car... yet the comfort system in our home works 10 times harder. It's a fact that keeping your system in good shape is much cheaper than having to replace it!
Spring Visit (preparation for summer season):
- Inspect and clean as needed: inside coil, condenser coil, condensate pans, condensate traps, and condensate lines.
- Check refrigerant levels and if low, find the leak. (According to many equipment manufacturers, a 10% refrigerant loss will result in a 20% decrease in system efficiency!)
- Check overall system performance and make upgrade recommendations
Fall Visit (preparation for winter season):
- Clean the burner assembly.
- Visually inspect heat exchanger for cracks.
- Adjust air/fuel ratio of burner and perform combustion testing
- Clean blower and adjust belt if needed - Fire unit and test safety shutoffs
- Clean and check operation of humidifier if present.
Whats your end result?
Savings: Our Preventative Service Contracts pay for themselves through higher efficiency, lower utility bills and less trips to the doctors. Preferred Service Customers typically receive a discount on all parts and services performed.
Peace of Mind: Preventative Service means a longer life for your HVAC equipment and fewer system problems.
Priority Service: Our Preferred Service Customers generally receive priority service. So, if your system has a problem in the peak of the summer heat or the peak of the frigid winter, Haglof Inc. Heating & Cooling will be there to help.